Home » Assigned Certifier
Category Archives: Assigned Certifier
Post HERE by YT on Sequencing and how it applies to good construction and Passivhaus delivery
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID VERSION OF THE APP You can also download the app by clicking on the App icon to the right.
Below are a few screen grabs that show the key features:
• Scalable high resolution graphics for all Android phones and tablets
• Ability to enter your own materials, thicknesses and conductivities as opposed to searching in scrolling lists
• Calculates for floors, walls, roofs and ceilings and adjusts the interior and exterior thermal resistance values accordingly (in accordance with DIN EN 6946 Section 5, Chart 1.)
• This release is on Android, iOS released Easter 2015
• Includes settings for underground wall, rain screen or warm/cold roof constructions
• Information/settings screen
• Ability to reset all values or delete individual lines
• Adheres to Passivhaus methodology of calculating U values (excluding thermal bridging – see below)
• Links to TeachPassiv.com and additional Passivhus resources, news & FACT SHEETS
• This version totally free of charge
Why did we create the app? I was looking for a simple U value app that gave the ability of quickly entering data, allowed a quick comparison between different constructions/insulation and supplemented the PHPP U value calculations (the app is not intended to replace PHPP). I found that the app didn’t exist and we (myself and my coding maestro son Conor) decided to fill the gap in the market.
The app is free of charge and is used as a marketing aid for TeachPassiv.com and the architecture and Passivhaus Design Practice Mark Stephens Architects
The app does not currently take account of thermal bridges, this is going to be addressed in a subsequent version.
If you find any bugs or inaccuracies in the app, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
You can read the Privacy Statement regarding the app HERE
The app is not supported or endorsed by the Passivhaus Institute, does not replace the U value calculations in PHPP and is for entertainment purposes only e&oe.
Link below to all 5 posts from Elrond Burrell on ‘What do you love most about Passivhaus?’:
Here is link to new Fact Sheet on Thermal Conductivity and u values which has also been added to FACT SHEETS section of website.
This Fact sheet is in response to recent confusion over conductivity values.
The following 6 posts are on who should certify Part L compliance, the BER Assessor? Part L compliance with the Building Regulations with regards to Thermal Bridges/Modelling and Thermal Bridging and Passivhaus
1. From the Bregs Blog admin team – 3 Things Design Certifiers should know about certifying Part L
2. My opinion piece on the BRegs Blog – SI.9 and Part L | Are specialist ancillary certifiers needed? Part 1
3. Follow-up Part 2 opinion piece on the BRegs Blog – SI.9 and Part L | Are specialist ancillary certifiers needed? Part 2
Reminder that a series of Passivhaus Fact Sheets are in the FACT SHEETS section of website and that the above information is specifically related to Ireland and may not apply to other countries.
All advice online is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support – in and of itself – should legal action be taken. Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.