Home » Low carbon
Category Archives: Low carbon
Post HERE by YT on Sequencing and how it applies to good construction and Passivhaus delivery
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID VERSION OF THE APP You can also download the app by clicking on the App icon to the right.
Below are a few screen grabs that show the key features:
• Scalable high resolution graphics for all Android phones and tablets
• Ability to enter your own materials, thicknesses and conductivities as opposed to searching in scrolling lists
• Calculates for floors, walls, roofs and ceilings and adjusts the interior and exterior thermal resistance values accordingly (in accordance with DIN EN 6946 Section 5, Chart 1.)
• This release is on Android, iOS released Easter 2015
• Includes settings for underground wall, rain screen or warm/cold roof constructions
• Information/settings screen
• Ability to reset all values or delete individual lines
• Adheres to Passivhaus methodology of calculating U values (excluding thermal bridging – see below)
• Links to TeachPassiv.com and additional Passivhus resources, news & FACT SHEETS
• This version totally free of charge
Why did we create the app? I was looking for a simple U value app that gave the ability of quickly entering data, allowed a quick comparison between different constructions/insulation and supplemented the PHPP U value calculations (the app is not intended to replace PHPP). I found that the app didn’t exist and we (myself and my coding maestro son Conor) decided to fill the gap in the market.
The app is free of charge and is used as a marketing aid for TeachPassiv.com and the architecture and Passivhaus Design Practice Mark Stephens Architects
The app does not currently take account of thermal bridges, this is going to be addressed in a subsequent version.
If you find any bugs or inaccuracies in the app, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read the Privacy Statement regarding the app HERE
The app is not supported or endorsed by the Passivhaus Institute, does not replace the U value calculations in PHPP and is for entertainment purposes only e&oe.
TeachPassiv.com are please to announce the imminent release of a new Passivhaus App for Apple iOS and Android.
The app is a U-value calculator using the Passivhaus methodology; it has been carefully written to ensure that the surface resistance values are in accordance with EN ISO 6946 for all conditions and can also take into account constructions below ground, unheated spaces and compensation for rain screen constructions.
To ensure that you receive details of this imminent release, please follow/subscribe via email (widget on right hand side)…
A recent study by Encraft shows that taking into account the whole life cost of a house, Passive House construction is 2-5% lower than traditional construction methods.
CLICK HERE for the post & link to article by Kate de Selincourt
It should be remembered that both pieces of research are UK based and that in Ireland (where the Building Regulations are much closer to Passive House standards), the cost saving differential is much greater.
The programme for the 2015 Passive House Conference in Leipzig can be downloaded HERE (1.2Mb) downloads in new window
This Fact Sheet (below) focusses on Airtightness and it’s relevance in PHPP